Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bob Ross

This video was posted on Faccebook yesterday, and I've made everyone in my house watch it. I just love it! Lately it's been a rather popular thing in art circles to knock Bob Ross. Well, maybe not directly, but if you want to discount a landscape artist you call him a "Bob Ross Knockoff". There is some legitamicy to it, because there is a lot more to art than learning techniques and imitating someone else. But there's also a little art snobbery in there. Or at least that's the way it comes off to me.
I love Bob Ross though. He seemed like a genuine, kind person who delighted in teaching people to paint. So, anyway, watch the video and see if it doesn't make you feel a little more cheery.

1 comment:

  1. I love Bob Ross! My sister and I would watch him paint in awe when we were kids but for some reason we always referred to him as "Distance" not Bob...still watched him any chance we could though!

    ReplyDelete