Friday, July 27, 2012

Colorful Landscape Painting

I love how this one turned out. It is painted on wood. Painting on wood has a very different feel than painting on canvas and I like it better. I want to do more of it. It takes other mediums like colored pencil much more readily and they show up much more crisply. I want to do more of it, but the panels you buy at the art supply store are so expensive! I want to get some birch plywood see how that works. This is on plywood I fished out of my husbands scraps. It's a little heavier than I would like, I think I can get lighter pieces.

Anyway, it has been such a cool summer. I am grateful for that, especially when I see everyone else is roasting! It is lightly cloudy today and will probably burn off this afternoon. 

One nice surprise is that an old high school friend of mine has moved right down the street. I haven't socialized much with the moms on my block. I don't feel very much commonality with them. It's nice to have someone that I can just pop over and visit with. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Glad to know where the cool got off to. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri, this painting is absolutely lovely! The colors are so happy, and I love how you've layered them. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete