Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Different Look

I decided to move my art blog over here:

http://kerriblackman.blogspot.com/

I decided to put this blog to a different purpose. I decided to make it a more personal blog, about a spiritual journey, a life journey really. My journey of trying to know God and actually making a lot of wrong turns along the way. I just wonder if there is anyone else out there who thinks like I do!

It's not my intention to be hurtful or critical, but I find after leaving what I think of as a borderline spiritually abusive church and feeling like suddenly my eyes have opened to things I feel like I was a complete idiot not to see, yet I didn't see, and now I'm just kind of wondering what DO I know for sure. I believe in God. I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe the Bible is His Word to us. Other than that, I'm trying to piece it all together. But in a way, maybe this faith is more true. I don't have to have it all figured out for Him to love me. I don't have to be perfect. I can rest in His patient, patient care. And so can you.

This is my journey out of an abusive faith system and reaching toward God. Really God this time. I pray.

I'm not going to promote this blog or anything. It may be years of me here all by my lonely. But if anyone does come by and thinks "Wow, I think this way too!" Or just wants to talk, I hope you will comment, because a journey is a little more friendly with some gentle company.

No comments:

Post a Comment